Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Network Engineer who is proactive and will report to the Senior Manager Networks. The Network Engineer will be primarily responsible for:
- Designing, supporting, maintaining, and evaluating computer networks under supervision.
- Collaborating with other members of the team in managing the exchange point network.
- Responsibilities may require overnight and weekend work in response to the needs of the network.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining physical and virtual servers and other appliances.
- Researching and evaluating new technologies related to computer networking and monitoring.
- Managing software installation and ensuring applications are updated as and when due.
- Planning, implementing, and managing network security solutions, including firewalls and other security systems.
- Managing network incidents and documenting resolutions for future reference.
- Carrying out any other duty as assigned from time to time.
Qualification, Attributes, and Skills:
- A university degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or any other ICT-related discipline.
- Relevant experience in a similar capacity.
- Work experience in an ISP will be an added advantage.
- Relevant qualification/certification (e.g., CCNA, CCNP, JNCP, RHCSA).
- Good knowledge of computer operating systems, including Windows and UNIX.
- Sound knowledge of computer networks and TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Ability to install computer network systems and applications.
- Competence in Cisco CLI for managing network devices.