Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NiRA) is an independent, not-for- profit, self-regulatory and self-governing organization founded on March 23, 2005 as a stakeholder-led organization, charged with the responsibility of managing the “.ng” country code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) name space in the public interest of Nigeria and global internet communities.
NiRA seeks energetic and self-motivated individual to fill the vacant position of: Senior Accountant ( Reporting to the C.O.O.).
The Senior Accountant will be primarily responsible for:
- Designing and developing relevant accounting policies, procedures and controls for NIRA;
- Preparing and recording asset, liability, revenue and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
- Maintaining and balancing subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies;
- Summarizing financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, revenue account and other affiliated statements;
- Processing payroll promptly under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer and generating pay slips for staff with correct information showing statutory deductions;
- Enforcing and monitoring compliance with accounting policies and procedures;
- Maintaining account payable and receivable records for auditing purposes;
- Interfacing with external auditors and assisting with financial and tax audits;
- Avoiding legal challenges by complying with legal requirements; including statutory obligations, withholding, corporate tax, VAT and PAYE;
- Protecting organization’s value by keeping information confidential;
- Training and mentoring junior Accounting Staff; and
- Making recommendations to the Chief Operating Officer based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting or related discipline with a minimum of second class upper degree
- ACA or ACCA is mandatory
- At least 10 years relevant experience in financial management and administration
- Three(3) years post-ICAN experience required
If you are interested and qualified, send a copy of your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position you are applying for as subject of the email not later than 2 weeks from the date of this publication.