Our client, a leading fertilizer and agro-allied company in Africa, desires to fill the role of Procurement and Contracts Manager. The desired candidate must be a result-oriented individual, highly professional with a high level of integrity and a proven record in procurement and contracts management.
Location: Rivers State
The Procurement and Contracts Manager, reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, has the following responsibilities:
- lead the Group’s procurement activity by establishing and implementing the strategy and effectively managing a team to deliver against agreed strategic and operational targets;
- establish, manage and continue improvement of ISO QMS processes in Procurement & Contracts Unit;
- evaluate benefits, risks, and strategic business impact of procurement for better decision making;
- develop and track appropriate Procurement performance management metrics and reporting;
- ensure alignment of strategy with Global business objectives, and across all the Group’s businesses;
- work closely with business divisions to help shape their longer term business plans e.g. through market insights. Ensure high level of involvement and input in strategic and business critical projects;
- oversee the category management and sourcing activity for all direct and indirect spend areas;
- maintain an active pipeline of projects that are delivered efficiently and with maximum benefit to the business;
- drive maximum value (cost vs quality and timeliness) in all procurement activities, including achievement of annual savings targets;
- minimise risk to the business e.g. through management of strategic suppliers;
- develop procurement and supplier management competencies in team and across the business to develop a culture of risk management and continuous improvement, highlighting the benefits of best practice and the potential risks of not managing this area;
- ensure compliance with all the Group’s policies and procedures;
- establish, manage and continually improve the mechanisms by which contract management is undertaken, in order to assure appropriate consistency across the business; and
- Co-ordinate and monitor the activities of contracting and supplies leading to the award and supplies of goods and services as required by the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sciences, Logistics, Supply Chain or Operations Management
- 10 years’ progressive experience in procurement and supply chain role especially in large manufacturing and/or FMCG firms, with not less than last 5years in management and leadership role in procurement and contract function
- Membership of a globally recognised professional Procurement, Supply Chain Organization like CIPS, CSCP/APICS.