Our client, a leading legal firm notable in the maritime sector, desires a Practice Manager, well versed in managing the operations of a legal firm. Preference will be given to candidates with a legal/litigation background.
Compliance & Professional Ethics
- Maintain the firm’s policies, procedures and ensure that all employees comply with both internal policies and ethics of legal practice
- Ensure continuing management and development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Working within all areas of the firm’s practice to foster a common strategic thrust on quality, client care and risk management and maintain strong relationships with all key stakeholders
Human Resources Coordination
- Advise HR and Partners on HR policies and work closely with them to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Oversee recruitment including drafting job descriptions, arranging & conducting interviews
- Oversee the onboarding process and distributing all new starter paperwork
- Monitor staff competencies in line with law firm’s requirements
- Develop and implement policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, disciplinary measures and absence management
- Administer employee benefits
- Maintain employee files and ensuring all staff personal details are kept in a discrete and confidential manner.
- Coordinate administrative staff to ensure that administrative tasks are effectively executed including the operations team consisting of HR Executive, Accountant and Personal Assistant
- Convene and attend monthly management meetings and preparation of Agenda, Papers and minutes
- Convening and attending weekly/interim Management Meetings and preparation of Action List.
- Liaise with and manage the external contractors to ensure that matters requiring attention are dealt with in a timely manner according to the contract in place
- Carry out other assignments delegated by the Partners
- Keeping the firm’s strategic plan under review in line with all of the above
- LLB, BL
- LLM advantage
- Minimum of fifteen years’ experience in a law firm
Interested candidates should kindly email their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.