Responsible for the overall operation of the Assist team at the airport to ensure that operation is run smoothly on
every shift and that anything required to run the operation is available for supervisors and agents.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the Assist operation on a shift basis to ensure that it runs efficiently with no obstacles for staff or customers
- Ensuring that service delivery is provided to an optimum level by planning, scheduling, and allocating the staff as per the operation requirement.
- Establish relations with airport authorities, airlines and any relevant persons in the airport to help make the operation run without any difficulties.
- Create reports on regular basis related to operation, sales, staff, and customers and keep those reports ready as needed.
- Solve major difficult situations faced by the staff or supervisors during their work and ensure proper action is taken with both parties of conflict.
- Prepare the monthly roster for the staff and supervisors and communicate it, ensure everyone is aware of the new roster and solve any conflict issues.
- Work with the HOCS on identifying any supplies required for the operation and coordinate regarding the ordering of the supplies.
- Communicate with suppliers to ensure required supplies are delivered on time and ensure stock levels of supplies are sufficient for operation needs.
- Brief the staff before the start of the shift and ensure to communicate any news, events or important information related to the operation to staff and management at all times.
- Handover the work to the next shift and ensure the transfer of any pending issues and cases to next duty manager.
- Communicate the sales targets with the team and advice on strategies to meet the target.
- Sell the meet and assist service and other services provided to passengers and outside clients to contribute to
- the team efforts to meet the monthly sales quota.
- Work with the HOCS and HR on the staff administration: leave, rosters, disciplinary action, etc…
- Act as department in charge in the absence of HOCS.
- Responsible to comply with the applicable laws, regulations and procedures of NAS and their customers.
- Responsible for exercising due diligence towards Health & Safety of self & others in the organization as well as environmental protection issues.
- Responsible for Safety & Quality of the function/Task performed.
- Responsible for reporting to his superiors’ occurrences, events violations and acts that may affect safety, security and company reputation.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Client satisfaction and a solid database of loyal/repeat clients
- No operational failures or mistakes
- Increased sales volume
- High Staff satisfaction levels
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Education – University Degree, preferably with Hospitality as a major
2. Professional Experience – 5years related experience of which at least 5 years relevant experience.
3. Competencies Required;
- Proficient in basic PC applications,
- Strong organization and inter-personal skills
- Able to work independently
- Bilingual, with excellent communication skills in English and any of these languages
- Energetic personalities, friendly, courteous, customer focused service- oriented and have excellent people skills.
- Physically and mentally fit to the job
- Supervisory skills
- Conflict management and problem solving
4. Required Licenses/ Certifications – nil
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
CLICK HERE to submit your CV for this position
If you cannot open the link above, click to download a printable version of this vacancy and then send us an email with the vacancy and your full name as the subject line.