Our client is an independent not-for-profit, self regulatory and self governing organization founded on March 23, 2005 as a stakeholder-led organization, charged with the responsibility of managing the “.ng” country code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) name space in the public interest of Nigeria and global internet community.
The Association seeks energetic and self motivated personnel to fill a vacant position within the association.
Reporting to the COO, the Head, Technical Services will be primarily responsible for:
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing all information, communication and technology functions for the association- networks and networking equipment, business applications and ancillary software, hardware, databases, web services and other ICT systems in line with NIRA’s commitment to Registrars, Registrants and technical partners
- Coordinating network design, installation and maintenance
- Developing and implementing technical services policies and procedures
- Providing expertise and support to the organization as regards technology infrastructure, technology repairs and technical support for registrars and registrants
- Creating and executing procedures that will result in the continual improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of technical services operations
- Training and mentoring the technical team
- Directing, evaluating and overseeing the technical team in terms of performance and responsibilities in achieving results as it relates to technical services
- Ensuring the association is aligned to global technology standards, particularly ICANN policies and controls
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Management Information Systems or related field
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator certification or member of any other relevant ICT professional bodies is an advantage
- At least 10 years’ experience in a managerial position in an ICT environment
Kindly send a copy of your CV to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘ with the position ‘Head, Technical Services (ICT)‘ as the subject of the mail.