Research and development department in technology firm, focusing on conceptualization, architecting and development of software solutions and services. The department seeks to strengthen its internal capabilities in order to be able to harness opportunities in the market place.
As a key leadership role, reporting to the CTO, the head of R & D is accountable for managing and coordinating resources and processes to deliver software releases of IT products, while participating in defining the strategy for the product development team by driving initiatives that deliver on the company’s vision.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work together with the pre-sales / marketing team to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines
- Work with the rest of the business as the product owner for detailed understanding of the client’s business requirements and align same with the system’s functional and non-‐functional capabilities of our IP product.
- Collaborate with the CTO and Marketing department to foster ( product management roadmap ) as part of product development vision
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to our clients with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules
- Provide a software development plan that meets the future needs of our clients and markets, based on the state-‐of-‐the-‐art technologies
- Evolve the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed
- Coordinate release of patches, upgrade and new products
- Conduct daily / weekly/ monthly meetings with rest of R & D team
- Help developers resolve both technical problems as well as human resources issues
- Monitor individual employees’ performance
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of management/ leadership experience in a software development organization required
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market
- A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills
- Experience with managing the development of SaaS and cloud-‐based applications
- Experience in Java programming and J2EE/JBoss application server software development (EJB, JMS, JDBC, JTA)
- Experience in .Net programming ( C# with MVC ) desirable but not mandatory
- Relevant experience with web services and REST
- Experience with EJB 3 and/or Spring frameworks
- Understanding of relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server )
- Familiarity with Adobe Flex/Flash, Adobe AIR, HTML5
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices
- High command of verbal and written
Any candidate with the requisite skills should kindly send CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Research and Development.