The General Manager (Operations) will head and lead the operations department of the company, and will report directly to the Managing Director of the company in discharging the following functions:
- Contribute strategic direction and leadership in line with the corporate business plan and strategy for operations department;
- implement business strategic decisions as relate to operations department;
- direct efforts towards the profitable growth and operation of the company business;
- implement strategic plans that reflect the long-term objectives and priorities as delegated by the managing director;
- maintain, control and appraise the operations department performance against budget and plans;
- monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets;
- Oversee the activities of staff of the operations department;
- Ensure effective mobilization, control and utilization of departmental resources;
- Ensure continuous improvement in the quality and value of services provided to clients and other stake holders.
- Conduct risk assessment and manage the department’s strategic decisions to mitigate failures;
- Negotiate, develop and maintain contractual arrangements with key clients and suppliers to deliver best value and service levels;
- Maintain and sustain the company’s quality, health and safety standards, training and meetings in line with company policies and procedures
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the managing director informed of all critical issues, and operational risks with solutions;
- Stakeholder management – build strong relationships and contacts with clients, potential clients, key policy influencers, allied professional bodies, to help secure on-going projects for the company;
- Attend senior management weekly and monthly review meetings to present and defend operations department’s reports and execute decisions arising from the meetings;
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION/KEY ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following areas: Engineering, Geology, Physical Sciences, Business, Social Sciences, and Humanities and Arts,
- Post-graduate qualifications such as MBA, MSc and relevant certifications are an added advantage.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of continuous working experience with at least seven (7) years spent in senior management and corporate leadership, especially in the oil & gas servicing industry.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org using position applied for as subject of the email not later than 2 week from the date of this publication.