Our client in Legal services seeks an energetic and self-motivated individual to fill the vacant position of a front desk officer in the firm.
Front Desk Officer: Reporting to the Head, Administration, the candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- greeting and welcoming guests on arrival at the firm;
- directing visitors to the appropriate personnel and office;
- answering, screening and forwarding incoming phone calls to appropriate recipient;
- ensuring reception area is tidy and presentable, with all stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures) well arranged;
- providing basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email;
- receiving, sorting and distributing daily mail/deliveries;
- maintaining office security by following safety procedures and controlling access to the offices via the reception desk by monitoring logbook, issuing visitor badges;
- ordering front office supplies and keeping inventory of stock;
- updating calendars and scheduling meetings;
- arranging travel and accommodation for the partners and other staff;
- performing clerical duties such as filing, photocopying and transcribing; and
- carrying out other duties as assigned by the Head, Accounts and Administration.
Qualifications, Attributes and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in English; Mass Communication or related field
- Proven post NYSC- work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Minimum of 3 years progressive work experience in a related field
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with clients/visitors
- Good telephone etiquette
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org using position applied for as subject of the email not later than 2 weeks from the date of this publication.